A very simple, tasty, versatile, and probiotic side dish…
What can I say? Collards, kimchi, and cauliflower!? How healthy are you when you eat this?
This pairs well with a nice cup of mellow flavored miso such as chickpea miso for a fun contrast. Kimchi and miso are both chock full of probiotics, so enjoy that bonus as well!
- 1 package of grain-free tempeh
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups potato or sweet potato, diced small.
- 4-6 large collard leaves
- 2-6 cloves minced or finely diced garlic
- Avocado oil
- Veggie broth
- Salt to taste
- Optional: other seasonings and tamari or liquid aminos to taste.
- Liquid Smoke optional- makes it taste a bit “meaty” and more like actual corned beef hash. One drop only, and mix it with veggie broth to distribute evenly.
- Dice everything small and thin. The cauliflower will crumble somewhat and that’s fine. Add it all in there!
- Warm the skillet on medium or medium high depending on your stove
- Cook the potatoes in oil for 2 to 3 minutes to soften.
- Add everything else except the greens, salt, and broth to the skillet and sautee for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add greens and a small splash of veggie broth. Add only 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of broth at a time to avoid over wetting it and making the whole thing soggy versus a dryer stir-fry effect. Both ways are good, dryer is better!
- Cover it for a minute or 2.
- Salt it to taste during this end phase of cooking.
- It should be done from here in about 3 to 5 minutes when the greens sweeten up and are soft yet crunchy.
- Add more salt to taste and toss lightly or serve with a side of vegan kimchi!
- Serve with a yam that has been cooked to your preference, drizzled with raw, grade B honey or maple syrup.
This pairs well with a nice cup of mellow flavored miso such as chickpea miso for a fun contrast. Do not boil miso if you want to keep the probiotic content alive, just poor almost boiling water over it and stir. Kimchi and miso are both probiotic, so enjoy that bonus as well!