To-Go Without the Trash:
- Go to the thrift store and purchase about 2-5 stainless steel forks and spoons. They should cost 10 to 50 cents apiece 😉
- Find a cool pencil bag or something similar and creative to store your to-go silverware in, and keep some washable reuseable straws in there with them! Make sure your container is big and long enough for the straws and bulk of the silverware.
- Buy some reusable AND THEN recyclable food storage containers that will not melt- and keep them in the car. Keep them in a small box preferably, so that they will not get crushed or dirty.
- Find a box (cardboard or fancy) to keep in your car with your entire to-go kit in it. Make the box big enough for a couple of to go cups, also! Keep a small pack closer by in the glovebox.
- Grab a container and a straw when you are heading into a restaurant. Treat them great and recycle them when done! If you leave them in the car and go into the restaurant, no worries! Just Go get them before the waitress has a chance to ask again… Or just tell the waitress not to bring the to go stuff cuz you got this 😉